Here’s one’s for true chocolate lovers… A rich, dark, divine and delightful candy-like cookie. Just loaded with wild Maine blueberries, heart-healthy, toasted almonds and spicy crystallized ginger. Our loyal fans say this highly addictive, rich, and decadent pure dark chocolate cookie or cluster is “out of this world, and they’ve never tasted anything like it!” Special heart-healthy, antioxidant-rich, organic ingredients (just happen to be) vegan and gluten-free with NO eggs, flour or sugar!
I really do love, love, LOVE chocolate, oh and not just any chocolate, but the decadent, rich, dark, tasty expensive imported stuff from Europe like Callebaut, Scharffen Berger, Valrhona etc. Green & Black organic is very nice and Ghirardelli, Lindt or even Hershey’s will work too, if that’s what’s available to you. I prefer organic ingredients and wild Maine blueberries are the best. But you can use whatever you like.
Please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions below. If you like this recipe and want more, just click on subscribe.
PS. A very nice gift for someone special.
Order sweets here: www.etsy.com/bakedinmaine
T-shirts and totes are available here: www.cafepress.com/bakedinmaine
- 1 lb. or 16 oz. 60 % pure dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup dried wild Maine blueberries *
- 1/2 cup dried Cape Cod cranberries
- 1 cup toasted almonds, 10 minutes or so in the oven
- 1/4 cup crystallized organic ginger
- * Feel free to add or replace the nuts and berries with your personal favorites.
- * Save money, and dry the blueberries yourself on paper towels.
- Temper or melt the chocolate slowly (on low heat) using a double-boiler or use the microwave, stopping at 1 minute intervals. Be careful to not over-heat or to allow any moisture into the melting chocolate or the chocolate will “seize” (this is very bad thing) and you must start over. Tempering chocolate may require a little practice at first but well worth the effort, I promise.
- Then just add everything together (working quickly) and using a tablespoon drop onto wax or parchment paper. Let cool overnight.
*Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Calories 150 Carbohydrates 10 g Total Fat 4 g Protein 4 g Fiber 3 g Sodium 5 mg