Decadent Dark Chocolate Blueberry Brownies
What’s not to like about brownies? Everyone loves homemade brownies. Oh, can you imagine, a pan full of hot, homemade, decadent, dark chocolate brownies baking in your house? Now, let’s just healthy-it-up a bit and add some yummy, melty, dark chocolate chips, and sweet, wild Maine blueberries to the already rich, chocolately, whole-grain batter. In one word, Divine. Who needs to buy a mix when you can easily bake “real” brownies from scratch at home?
By far these are the best brownies that I’ve ever had, so I just had to share this fabulous recipe. Let me know what you think.
ps. Feel free to write any comments, ask any questions and click on subscribe for more recipes.
If you can’t bake (or you just don’t want to), and need to place an order, just let me know….
5 ounces of dark chocolate chips, melted and cooled….. (I used Ghirardelli 60% cacao)
2 sticks of salted butter, softened (or sub. smart balance)
2 cups sugar (or sweetener of choice)
4 whole large eggs
3 teaspoons of vanilla
1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour (buy this at the health-food store)
3/4 cup all-purpose white flour (I use organic)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup nuts (optional)
1 cup blueberries (dry on a towel)
- Pre-heat oven to 350* Grease or spray a 9 X 13 pan.
- Melt 5 ounces of chocolate chips (use your glass measuring cup) in the microwave ( 30 second intervals) and cool the chocolate completely before using!
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Turn the mixer on low, and drizzle in the cooled, melted chocolate. Mix until just combined. Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and mix until just combined, scrape the sides of the bowl and mix 5 seconds more.
- Add the chocolate chips, blueberries, and nuts (if using) mixing a few seconds more, until just combined.
Bake for about 30 min. You’ll know when they’re done when your house fills with the aroma of fresh baked brownies and you just can’t stand waitin’ any longer!!! People will start roaming around your kitchen asking “are they ready yet?” Just tease them a little at first and say “oh no, they must cool first!” While you carefully cut a crispy “corner brownie” and hide somewhere to eat that first hot, chocolatey, gooey piece of heaven! Trust me, these fabulous brownies won’t last long……