Everybody loves pizza. Believe me when I say, homemade pizza is really easy to make at home. Just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge. You may have to pick-up pizza dough or just make your own, (recipe here). I have some low- calorie substitutions for you, like pita (she said with a smile!) I have featured a lovely & luscious “Greek Style” pizza here with spinach, mushrooms and feta cheese. You can even add more of your favorite cheeses, extra vegetables, and bake it to perfection. But the BEST part is, you can have homemade pizza anytime!
~If you like this recipe and want to read more, just click on subscribe.
Greek Style Pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, as a topping.
- 1/2 cup or so Marinara sauce, jarred is fine.
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in quarters,
- 6 shallots or any onions, peeled and cut in quarters.
- Spinach, steamed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 2 teaspoons of Pizza Seasoning or oregano, basil, rosemary etc.
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt & black and/or red pepper
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend (8 oz. bag), shredded
- 2 cups Mozzarella
- 2 cups parmesan
- 1 cup feta
- Pre-made store bought, white or wheat “bread dough”
- Homemade pizza or bread dough…. (recipe here)
- Low-carb pita bread, buy some, it’s the fast & easy way. Rub on some olive oil.
Notes: You’ll need a pizza stone for brick-oven style pizza but a cookie sheet will do. A large cutting board will work for sliding the pizza carefully onto the hot stone. Read more….
- Let the pizza-stone pre-heat in the oven at 500 degrees*
- Roll out the dough thin, be extra careful not to tear it (holes are bad!),
- Carefully slide the pizza onto a special pizza “peel” (if you’re lucky enough to have one!), I use a “side-less” cookie sheet but a cutting board will work too. *Dust it first with some corn meal or flour to easily and very carefully slide the pizza onto the pre-heated and very hot pizza-stone.
- Add tomato sauce or the olive oil, cheeses, and toppings.
- Cook 10-15 min. or until done.