Cooking and dining outside has to be one of my favorite things to do. And nothing says summer like fresh sweet corn-on-the-cob. Next time you’re grilling, toss a few ears (of corn) on the barby to really fire-up the flavors. Roll it around for 10 minutes or so or until it’s charred in several places (giving it gorgeous grill marks!) Then drizzle generously with this wonderful fragrant and tangy lime basil butter. Scrumptious!
For rave reviews, serve-up this flavorful gourmet grilled corn to your family and friends next weekend. BBQ season is finally here!
These photos were taken on my friend James’s riverside deck. The first official BBQ of the season, it was quite the party. He’s a great cook and has fabulous taste. Just look at that Laura Ashley table-cloth! I’ll post the shrimp orzo salad and rhubarb crisp recipe asap..
PS. If you like this recipe, you can subscribe to receive new free recipes and give-aways via email.
Grilled Corn with Lime and Basil
- 6 Ears corn, husked
- 3-4 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves.
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ tsp. finely grated lime zest
- 1 Tb. fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Oil the grill’s surface.
- In a small bowl, combine the basil, olive oil, melted butter, lime juice, lime zest, salt and pepper.
- Grill the corn until it is slightly softened and charred in spots, about 10 minutes, turning several times. Watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- Place the grilled corn on a large platter, drizzle or brush the lime/basil butter all over the corn and roll the corn around to coat evenly.
Per serving: 110 calories, 17g carbohydrates, 3g protein, 4.5g fat (0.5g saturated), 0mg cholesterol, 2g fiber, 150mg sodium.