Cheers! 2010 will be the best year EVER!
Ok, so it’s already January 2, 2010 and I’ve procrastinated long enough. I have promised myself (and several others) that I would continue posting this blog and after many excuses, starting up and stopping, this is a new beginning! Now, I really have to do this for many reasons, most importantly my own recipes, that I often use, will be easily accessible on-line 24/7. I will be happy to share with you my own healthier updated versions of favorite recipes, some new ones and updated old classics. I promise to post photos as well as the recipe. Wow, big promises….
I’m not a huge fan of writing (an understatement;) and please motivate me by asking questions and posting comments, thank you!
Seriously…. 2010 will be the best year EVER!
One of my best healthy recipes to start the new year… simple, delicious and quick!
Serve with your choice of roasted salmon, chicken or beef. 45 min. total time prep to table.
1. Gather your favorite vegetables, here are some ideas: carrots, potatoes, onions, cabbage, winter squash, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, fennel, whatever! The possibilities are endless. The cook-time depends on size & quantity etc. You can test for doneness.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 400. Cut the vegetables (with a very sharp knife) to appx. the same size.
3. Place veggies in a broiler pan and drizzle with plenty of olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper.
4. Add chicken pieces now, cook for 30-40 min.
5. Or beef, cook for 15-20 min. or so to taste.
6. Or the salmon, cook for 10-15 min. or until cooked.
7. Cook your vegetables for 30-45 min. on the upper-third oven rack (hotter) stirring 2-3 times. Add some chopped garlic 5-6 pieces during the last ten min. of cooking to avoid burning the garlic. Add some fresh chopped herbs of your choice, if you have them, if you don’t have fresh herbs on hand just add more sea salt & pepper. Hopefully you will have saved some lovely left-overs for the days ahead.