Nothing says the beginning of summer like watermelon. Sweet juicy delicious watermelon. A seasonal delight like no other. We all craved it as kids and still do. Here’s a surprisingly delicious and grown-up way to serve this simple cool refreshing salad at your next BBQ or dinner party.
We’re going to add some crumbled feta cheese, a few mint leaves, cucumbers or onions…
Watermelon Summer Salad
- 1 (5-pound) watermelon
- 1 Vidalia onion
- 1 cucumber, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup red wine or balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 whole mint sprigs
In a large bowl, combine everything; the watermelon, onion, cukes, feta and mint. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Salt and pepper. Toss gently and refrigerate. Simple..